Long-Term Care Home Services
Caring and compassionate rehabilitation services in Long-Term Care Homes across Ontario.
About Long-Term Care Home Services
BiM Health provides caring, compassionate, and consistent rehabilitation services to Residents living in Long-Term Care Homes across Ontario.
- Conduct PT Assessments for all new Residents or those with a change in function
- Create and oversee Care Plans to address unique Resident needs; ensure competency and assign care to Physiotherapist Assistants
- Reassess all Residents on a quarterly basis
- Work with the LTC Home team for solutions following a fall or change in function, to ensure high quality care and optimal safety
Our Physiotherapist Assistants:
- Provide treatments assigned by the Physiotherapist
- Alert the Physiotherapist about any changes in Resident status
- Conduct regular group exercise classes to maintain wellness
Our Occupational Therapists:
- Perform assessments for the Assistive Devices Program, and help to access equipment such as wheelchairs, scooters, splints/braces, orthotics, and other aids for better daily functioning
- Provide teaching to the Residents, families, and Home staff regarding any new equipment
- Ensure that equipment is well-maintained and customized to the Resident
BiM Health’s team of Physiotherapists, Physiotherapist Assistants, and Occupational Therapists work together to treat a range of conditions seen in Residents of Long-Term Care Homes. We provide assessment, treatment, equipment, Resident/family support, and education to manage:
- Post-surgical joint replacements
- Physical effects of cancer treatment
- Dizziness and balance disorders, with high fall risk
- Strokes and cardiovascular/respiratory diseases
- Parkinson’s Disease, multiple sclerosis, brain injuries, and other neurological conditions
- Pain and weakness
- Deconditioning and functional decline
Clinicians collaborate with the Resident and family to develop the Care Plan, and we carefully listen to their personal needs and concerns. We regularly re-assess Residents to determine whether treatment is effective, and to identify any new issues.
In addition to individualized treatment, our Physiotherapist Assistants provide group-based exercise classes to improve strength and mobility, reduce falls risk, and ensure the ongoing wellness of loved ones.
Resident and Family Support
Our team has expertise in helping Residents and their families to fully understand their conditions, presented in layman’s terms. We use sensitive and simple language to outline what to expect, along with ways to improve function and work around challenges and obstacles. Examples of supports include:
- Clear review of Resident- and family-centered Care Plan, including personalized goals
- Discussion of expectations for functional improvement
- Recommendations for specialized equipment
- Education in correct movement patterns
- Provision of practical safety tips and falls prevention resources
We allow frequent opportunities for Residents and families to ask questions and voice concerns, to ensure high service satisfaction.
Support for the LTC Team
BiM Health’s knowledgeable clinicians act as a valuable resource for the LTC Home team. We provide in-house education sessions on proper body mechanics for lifting and transferring Residents, use of rehab equipment and devices, back and neck care, fall prevention techniques, and set-up of the environment to minimize workplace injuries.
BiM Health is committed to the delivery of high quality services, with a focus on continuous improvement, as demonstrated through our:
- Fair and diligent recruitment and hiring practices
- Confirmation of full registration for Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists
- Structured onboarding, training, and mentorship/supervision
- Adherence to our comprehensive Policies & Procedures, which are aligned with the Standards of:
– College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
– College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
– Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
– Accreditation Canada
- Objective measurement of Resident outcomes, with tracking of trends and reporting to staff, Residents, and families
- Satisfaction feedback, gathered from staff, Residents, and families
- Continuous Quality Improvement, with comprehensive QI Plans
BiM Health provides services for select LTC Homes across Ontario, in the following locations:
Work With Us
BiM Health offers rewarding careers in a culture of collaboration and excellence.
BiM Health Culture
Training & Mentorship
Career & Growth Opportunities
Benefits & Compensation
© 2023 BiM Health Services Limited Partnership